2023 Tournament Details – POSTPONED
The Boston Park League was planning to host the 24th Annual Dick Clegg – Howie Stein Golf Tournament on Monday, September 11, 2023 with a 9:30AM shotgun start at the Easton Country Club – however, this event has been postponed until April/May 2024. The Boston Park League named the Annual Golf Tournament in memory of Dick & Howie in 2000.
- Registration – $125 per person, and includes continental breakfast and buffet lunch.
- Raffle – Great raffle prizes.
- RSVP – Email Bob Johnson at email@example.com or Walter Bentson at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your space.
- Payment – Pay via Venmo @Bostonparkleague29 or scan the QR code below:
Thank you to all our sponsors and athletes, we look forward to another amazing event in 2023!
The Tournament Committee:
- John Kosta, Tournament Chairman
- Bob Johnson, Secretary Treasurer
- Walt Bentson, President
About Our Honorees:
Dick Clegg passed away in December 1999. He started umpiring in 1967, worked his way up through high school, to the college level, and into the Park League. He and his partner Jim McNally quickly became the best the league had to offer. Dick umpired a full college spring schedule, traveling all over New England. In 1985 he became the BPL Umpire in Chief, and held that position for the next 14 years. He was named Umpire in Chief of the Cape Cod League in 1998. A past President of the Eastern Mass. Baseball Umpires Association, his dedication to baseball and umpiring was exemplary. He also loved playing golf. with his son Rich. Dick was elected to the BPL Hall of Fame in 2000.
Howie Stein passed away in March 2000. Howie was not an athlete, but one of the most dedicated individuals to amateur baseball in the City of Boston. His love for the game brought him to Cleveland Circle back in 1968 where he met Jerry McCarthy, manager of the Wolf Club, and helped out with the team. In 1976 he joined Bill Mahoney’s Mary Anne’s Club, He would take a batting helmet through the stands for donations to pay for equipment. He announced the players. He became General Manager of the highly successful Larkin Club, winning 3 straight championships. He was the little guy with the big voice. Howie was inducted into the BPL Hall of Fame in 2000, along with Dick.
2021 & 2022 Results
- We’re still looking for results. Let us know if you know who won!!
- Canceled due to COVID.
- First Place @ 13 under – Palmer Club Alumni – Adam Wozniak, Ken Kozak, Scott Keurulainen, Sean Hudon
- Second Place Tie @ 12 under – Cannon Club – John & Frank McCue, Matt Jackson, Tristan Irish
- Second Place tie @ 12 under – Rich Clegg, Ron Santos, & Joe Ryan
- Longest Drive – Scott Keurulainen
- 1st place – ADSL team of Dave O’Sullivan, Mike Davis, Jacob Urso & Dana Hanson.
- 2nd place – Cannon Club team of John McCue, Matt Jackson, Dave Volante & Mike Schutter.
- 3rd place – Rich Clegg, Dave Hodgson, Ron Santos & Joe Ryan.
- 1st place – Scooter Govoni, Dave MacTavish, Steve Smith, & Chris Plant
- 2nd place – Rich Clegg, Ron Santos, Dave Hodgson, & Don Santos
- Closest to the Pin (women) – Mary Leonard
- 1st place – Dave Liffers, Jake Urso, Dana Hansen, & Frank Tierney – 13 under par
- 2nd place – Matt Lipsett, Ken Kozak, Sean Hudon, & Josh Tobin – 10 under par
- 3rd place – Rich Clegg, Ron Santos, Joe Ryan, & Dave Hodgson – 9 under par
- Longest Drive (women) – Mary Leonard
- Longest Drive (men) – Rich Clegg
- Closest to the Pin – Joe Cacciatore
- 1st place at 13 under – Norm Govoni, Scooter Govoni, Greg Dowd, & Dan Donato
- 2nd place at 12 under – Rich Clegg, Ron Santos, Don Santos, & Dave Hodgson
- 3rd place at 11 under – Jason Santos, Jason Converse, Jeff McCarthy, & Steve McCarthy
- Longest Drive – Greg Dowd
- Closest to the Pin – Pat O’Brien
Three teams tied with 11 under par. Placement was determined with a card off:
- First Place – Jason Santos, Jason Converse, Jeff McCarthy, & Matt Rossini
- Second Place – Rich Clegg, Dave Hodgson, Ron Santos, & Don Santos
- Third Place – Bob Johnson, Bobby Joyce, & Eric Turgeon Closest to the Pin – Mike Roccia Longest Drive – Rick Clegg