In making the decision to graduate from Wheaton College in three years, Bobby Foote made a financially savvy move. But the early exit also cost the Walpole High graduate his final year of college baseball. Read more
J.P. Songin is a perennial all-star in the Boston Park League. He also has a love-hate relationship with baseball.
“I love the game, especially hitting,’’ said the 36-year-old Norwood resident, a player-manager for the Palmer Club, “and I hate to strike out.’’
That motivation, according to league records kept since the 2007 season, has indeed brought out the best in Songin, who has fanned just 33 times in his last 651 at-bats while hitting .346.
A star at Walpole High who belted two homers in one game against Bay State Conference rival Natick his senior season in 1995, Songin went on to record a .402 average in his final year at Georgia College in Milledgeville, Ga. Read more
- Park League’s Walter Bentson Helps Organize 100 Innings of Baseball Marathon Game to Strike Out ALSOctober 28, 2022 - 1:30 pm
- 4 Amazing Baseball Apps Seeking an AppearanceDecember 22, 2021 - 2:05 pm
- Packy Naughton to Debut in the ShowAugust 4, 2021 - 8:07 am
- Josh Báez of the Boston Blue Jays is Top MLB ProspectJuly 2, 2021 - 12:38 pm
- Apply for 2021 Yawkey Scholars Program for First-Generation College StudentsJanuary 18, 2021 - 6:16 pm