Neither Bo Jackson, Deion Sanders, nor any of the other 65 professional athletes who played Major League Baseball or in the National Football League ever achieved such a feat. But Jimmy Mello of the Boston Park League did. This winter, Jim Mello, 56, became the first player in history to hit a home run out of Fenway Park and participate in a Super Bowl. (Until another historian proves otherwise!) Read more
After 65 years of continuous existence, the Boston Park League has been many things to many people. The only thing that it remains for all those who have played and the present players, is family.
Read The Boston Park League, by John Hinds, as appearing in Boston Red Sox Scorecard Magazine.
- Park League’s Walter Bentson Helps Organize 100 Innings of Baseball Marathon Game to Strike Out ALSOctober 28, 2022 - 1:30 pm
- 4 Amazing Baseball Apps Seeking an AppearanceDecember 22, 2021 - 2:05 pm
- Packy Naughton to Debut in the ShowAugust 4, 2021 - 8:07 am
- Josh Báez of the Boston Blue Jays is Top MLB ProspectJuly 2, 2021 - 12:38 pm
- Apply for 2021 Yawkey Scholars Program for First-Generation College StudentsJanuary 18, 2021 - 6:16 pm