Neither Bo Jackson, Deion Sanders, nor any of the other 65 professional athletes who played Major League Baseball or in the National Football League ever achieved such a feat. But Jimmy Mello of the Boston Park League did. This winter, Jim Mello, 56, became the first player in history to hit a home run out of Fenway Park and participate in a Super Bowl. (Until another historian proves otherwise!) Read more
After 65 years of continuous existence, the Boston Park League has been many things to many people. The only thing that it remains for all those who have played and the present players, is family.
Read The Boston Park League, by John Hinds, as appearing in Boston Red Sox Scorecard Magazine.
A baseball game between the Charlestown Hawks, the Boston Park League champions, and the Park League All-Stars will headline Boston Park League Day at Fenway Park for the benefit of the Jimmy Fund. Read more
The semifinals stage was reached in the Boston Park Department baseball league and the first game will be played at Fenway Park. Read more
- BPL President Walter Bentson Stars in ‘The 100th Inning’ MovieSeptember 12, 2023 - 7:00 am
- A Message from John Harrington and Maureen Bleday of the Yawkey FoundationFebruary 1, 2023 - 10:08 am
- Park League’s Walter Bentson Helps Organize 100 Innings of Baseball Marathon Game to Strike Out ALSOctober 28, 2022 - 1:30 pm
- 4 Amazing Baseball Apps Seeking an AppearanceDecember 22, 2021 - 2:05 pm
- Packy Naughton to Debut in the ShowAugust 4, 2021 - 8:07 am