At 51, Kevin MacIntyre of TJO Sports in hadn’t pitched for the Boston Park League in 26 years. On August 5, 2014, he won a complete game over Towne Club, 8-5. Read more
The annual Red Sox Foundation-run program brings young Bostonians to Japan or Japanese youths to Boston for a 10-day exchange of baseball and culture. The guests stay with local host families — an experience that literally transforms their view of the world and their place in it. The program features baseball clinics and scrimmages with local youth leagues along with visits to educational and cultural attractions. Harvey Soolman and the BPL hosted.
Louie DiTullio, BPL Hall of Fame pitcher 1997 passed away on April 28, 2014 in Florida. Louie was an outstanding left handed pitcher for the Carlevale Braves and the Supreme Saints. He also played for the Easton Huskies of the Cranberry League and later became the League Commissioner.
A memorial service will be held for BPL Hall of Famer Louie DiTullio at St. Joseph’s Church, Holbrook, Tuesday, May 13th at 9am. Read more
In May of 1973, the Dick Conley Club of West Roxbury and the Supreme Saints faced off in the Boston Park League opener. But this was no opener to take sitting down.
On this particular Monday night at Roslindale’s Fallon Field, the Park League introduced the designated hitter to sandlot baseball. Dick Paster didn’t get to play the field this day. But his at bats were historic. Read more
- BPL President Walter Bentson Stars in ‘The 100th Inning’ MovieSeptember 12, 2023 - 7:00 am
- A Message from John Harrington and Maureen Bleday of the Yawkey FoundationFebruary 1, 2023 - 10:08 am
- Park League’s Walter Bentson Helps Organize 100 Innings of Baseball Marathon Game to Strike Out ALSOctober 28, 2022 - 1:30 pm
- 4 Amazing Baseball Apps Seeking an AppearanceDecember 22, 2021 - 2:05 pm
- Packy Naughton to Debut in the ShowAugust 4, 2021 - 8:07 am