The Boston Park League will host the 19th Annual Dick Clegg – Howie Stein Golf Tournament on Monday, July 30, 2018 with a 9:30AM start at the Easton Country Club. Sign up now!
The Boston Park League is the oldest amateur baseball league in the United States, founded in 1929. We hope you’ll join us on the ballfields, whether as a player, manager, or one of the thousands of spectators who’s watched Park League games for 88 years.
Did you know?
- Ted Williams (1946) and Mark McGwire (1984) hit home runs in Boston Park League exhibitions games.
- The Leverett Connector & Tobin Bridge are named after Gov. Leverett Saltonstall & Mayor Tobin. In 1941, they pitched vs. each other.
- In 1973, the BPL introduced the designated hitter rule to amateur ball. This was such big news, that CBS TV in New York came to cover it.
- Local media used to refer to the Boston Park League as the “Park Loop.”
- While the Park League began play in 1929, it did not play under lights until 1961.